The Vermont personal injury lawyers at Sylvester & Brow have represented well over 1,000 individuals injured or killed in accidents involving:
These individuals suffered whiplash, broken bones, internal injuries, facial disfigurement, scarring, and traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. The seriousness of the injuries has ranged from sprains and strains to paraplegia, quadriplegia, brain damage and death.
Contact the accident lawyers at Sylvester & Brow today for a free consultation.
Best Lawyers, the legal profession’s oldest peer review publication, top lists both Alan and Michael for personal injury litigation. Alan has also been selected at one of the top 100 personal injury trial lawyers in New England by Super Lawyers Magazine following a multi-step nomination process, including peer review and independent evaluation. He was also selected as personal injury lawyer of the year in Burlington, Vermont by Best Lawyers.
The firm’s trial attorneys have achieved particular success litigating in Vermont on behalf of victims of automobile accidents.
- In a case involving a tractor-trailer, Alan, Mike, and Amy obtained a jury verdict in a wrongful death claim in the United States District Court for $2,522,000. This was the highest wrongful death verdict ever obtain in Vermont.
- In a claim against the operator of a motor vehicle for not keeping his vehicle under proper control we recovered $ 5,400,000.00.
- In claims against the operator of a motor vehicle for operating his vehicle at an excessive rate of speed we recovered of $4,850,000.
- In a motor vehicle accident case against a driver and the liquor server, we recovered $4,850,000.
- In a motor vehicle accident case against a negligent operator we recovered $ 775.000.00 for a fractured and dislocated hip and fractured ankle for 2 occupants of vehicle he struck.
- Recovery of $1,800,000 for wrongful death was obtained against the owner/operator of a motor vehicle and the manufacturer and supplier of parts.
- In a motorcycle case, a recovery of $750,000 was obtained for a broken leg.
- In another motor vehicle accident case, we recovered $775,000 for a fractured and dislocated hip and fractured ankle.
Sylvester & Brow has worked with some of the country’s most renowned experts in the fields of accident reconstruction, metallurgy, biochemical and safety engineering, design and crash worthiness.
If you or a member of your family have suffered injuries or been killed as a result of a truck accident, car accident, motorcycle accident, ATV accident or SUV accident, please contact us via our inquiry form or call collect at 802-864-5723 for a free initial consultation and case evaluation with one of our lawyers. We provide our services on a Contingency Fee basis. This means there are no legal fees unless you recover damages.
Underinsured and Uninsured Claims in Vermont
Most motor vehicle insurance policies include coverage for injuries caused by uninsured and underinsured drivers. Therefore, if you, a family member or a passenger in your vehicle is injured due to the negligent operation of a driver without insurance or with inadequate insurance coverage, a potential claim against your own insurance policy may exist.
Many vehicles in Vermont are only insured up to $50,000. Given the cost of medical care and lost wages that often result from injuries sustained in automobile accidents, this amount of coverage may be insufficient. In instances where the damages exceed the amount of coverage of the negligent party, a victim may be able to make a claim against the Underinsured Motorist Coverage portion of the insurance policy of the non-negligent party.
There are many legal nuances to determining how much insurance coverage may be available to compensate victims of motor vehicle accidents. Often more than one insurance policy is involved. Caution should be exercised even when communicating with your own insurance company when there is a question regarding who will pay for the harm caused by a car accident. It is best to speak with a qualified personal injury lawyer prior to such communications.
One of the personal injury lawyers at Sylvester & Brow can help you understand the intricacies of insurance coverage questions, and pursuing an underinsured or uninsured claim. Please contact us via our inquiry form or call collect at 802-864-5723 to discuss whether you have a Vermont Uninsured or Underinsured Motor Vehicle Insurance Claim. We provide our services on a Contingency Fee basis. This means there are no legal fees until you recover.